Vau-Madeuc takes its name from the Gué-Madeuc lords who possessed a very ancient, from the thirteenth century, they say, at the dawn of their history. According to the genealogy of Budes Guebriant by Ploughman, the first lord of Vaumadeuc would Madeuc Francis (second son of Roland VIII and great grand son of Roland V). He married Madeleine de la Croix, who brought a dowry of land in Pleven Parville where the mansion was rebuilt in the fifteenth century. His mother Péronelle of Coëtquen was the daughter of Sir John and Jacqueline de Coëtquen Tournemine.Le of July 5, 1451, the Duke « Pierre II created » Madeuc Roland, lord of Guémadeuc of Crénolle (Plessala) and Launay, Knight Banneret and allowed him « to raise and take justice in sinister four pots », and three years later, he handed him the collar of ermine « for recognition of large, laudable and honorable service that puts Guémadeuc and his family were at Time passed and they are curious and willing to come to us in time to service « (Trévecly.Op.Cit.)
Late sixteenth century, we find the Vaumadeuc the hands of Louise de la Moussaye-Carcouêt, Plestan born May 20, 1565, the daughter of Jean-Moussaye Carcouêt and Claudine’s Guémadeuc (third wife) and granddaughter of Roland and Madeuc Peronella of Coëtquen. Louise married a Le Forestier. One of their daughter married Charles Le Rebours who bought the Vaumadeuc June 17, 1642.
Francois le Rebours bought in October 1685. This lord of Vaumadeuc was taken aback on his nobility (Mr. Huart report) by judgment in the chamber reformation March 26, 1669, and then said noble extraction (order made in said chamber at 23 March 1670 report by Mr. Deniau), (arch doc departure).
At that time, we speak of the new-Vau realized by Lady Madeuc Rebours, whose gardens are planted with flowering trees and vergers.Des Demoiselles Countdown became a Sister of Charity in Dinan and Vannes in 1693.
Jacques de Lorgeril, man vassal of Catherine de Rosmadeuc bequeath the manor to his daughter Anne-Marie Damsel de Lorgeril, who sold it to John the Baptist Minet November 21, 1764.
Jean-Baptiste of Villepaye Minet, lord of the Vau-Madeuc, du Plessix-Bouxière and other places, captain of Hunaudaye, was buried Nov. 2, 1780, in the chapel of Vau-prohibitive Madeuc in the church by the Pleven prior of the abbey of Saint Aubin woods. A young lady of Minet Villepaye born July 19, 1769 is also based at the foot of the manor: « it was the providence of the poor, she spent doing the Good … »
The Marquis Joseph-Francois-Marie de Talhouet, Earl of Severac and Boisorhand, baptized at Quelneuc February 19, 1742, advisor December 5, 1770, then President Mortier in the Parliament of Brittany, put forward his kinsman in 1784. He bought the castle of Hunaudaye, the fief, the farms whose Vaumadeuc, and became Baron of Hunaudaye. He bequeaths to his eldest daughter, Madame de Colombel. It without issue, leave the turn, her sister Mathilde single-Marie de Talhouet, born in 1789, and the wife of Jacques Haffont.
Agathe Minet of Villepaye married a M.Le Gray Kergavérec whose daughter Agathe married to Louis-Marie de Verchères of Availly. This marriage left a daughter who married Alexandrine in February 1848, Enest Urvoy of Closmadeuc, youngest son of Achilles Urvoy Closmadeuc who was mayor of Lambeth from 1848 to 1856. Ernest Urvoy of Closmadeuc, born in 1823, Mayor of Pleven in the 1870s, (deed of sale in Pleven town hall), will be buried in the chapel of Vau-Madeuc with his wife Marie-Alexandrine-Caroline D’Verchère Availly died the same year in August and November 1879. Their son Alain Vaumadeuc born February 16, 1853, that his marriage to Marie de Chalus had chatelain of Prédéro Planguenoual sold in the Vau-Madeuc Charles Tresvaux of Fraval.
Charles was born in Laval in 1838, Knight of Pius IX and the Constantinian Order. In 1863 he married Jeanne Marie Alix of Henrietta Déan Luigné. His uncle and godfather of Father François Tresvaux Fraval, canon of Paris, left at Vau-Madeuc important library and a rich correspondence. He wrote extensively on revolutionary persecution and the new church.
Margaret Mary, daughter of Charles Tresvaux Fraval, born in 1865, married in 1899 Edmond Jean Marie Toussaint du Breil de Pontbriand who in 1910 bought the Vau-Madeuc to his stepfather and he died in 1912. His son, Paul inherited the Vau-Madeuc, with a hundred hectares. Military career, he married Josette de Lorgeril, his cousin. In 1944, the army of General Patton, will draw on the Vau-Madeuc with tanks to the German release. In 1945, Colonel Paul de Pontbriand was arrested and imprisoned at Fresnes. In 1950, he was in Indochina. He died in 1958, one year after the disappearance of his fourth and last son.
In 1960, the Vicomtesse Josette de Pontbriand sells lands and furnitures to restore the mansion, the dovecote, pond, gardens … She is the first lady of Britany to open the castle to the public by transforming a room host in a luxury hotel.
In 1990, aged 82, she sells her nephew Even O’Neill. He is the son of John O’Neill, Captain, and Guyonne du Breil de Pontbriand, and grand son of General O’Neill buried at Brest descendant of Irish kings. Even O’Neill married his niece Carol, nee O’Neill, and their four young boys continue to restore and maintain this heritage to the visitors to discover the world interested in history and French culture. (Testimonials guestbook)